Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Silly Awards

Hola :o)

I'd like to do some silly awards on Saturday night, and I know it's really last minute but it would be good if you guys can email me and nominate people for things, e.g The Award for Best Teacher - James, The Award for the Best Painted Toenails - Tony that sorta thing!

Of course if you have any serious but positive ones you wanna dish out, bring em on!! I shall make up some certificates and we can have a really serious, formal presentation ceremony on Saturday

Charz y'all!

Re: OMA SOCIAL

8pm Saturday? I will put myself down as a maybe. I am working on Saturday (Grrrr) so will have to see what time I get back from Milton Keynes as to if I can make it or not.

No joe check the news thread for the final full details- Saturday 7pm Picadilly Circus... J

Hi all, please can you put changes if you are coming - whether partial or not so we know who to wait for at Picadilly..

James - Attending 7pm onwards
Oded - Attending 7pm onwards
Joe - Trying to attend a bit later
Daniel - Tryng to attend a bit later
Sarit - Attending 7pm onwards
Justin
Robert - Maybe attending a bit later
Tony --Attending 7pm onwards
Ben - Attending 7pm onwards
Will -
Alex -
Simon -
Sandra - Attending 7pm onwards
Peter - Attending 7pm onwards

Please try to tell those who havent replied, J.

will and i are coming!

Alrighty! See you in a couple of hours.....

Hi everyone, thanks to you all of you who made an appearance it was a really good night and been told a few times was a great evening- I think there was 10 of us who made it in the end...

For those who were unable to come we went to a Vietnese restaurant where the kind Sarit brought us crackers and did some impressive awards certificates. (What would we do without you Sarit?) We then went on to a girly dancing bar (where tony got asked to show his legendary trunction). We then after thinking we would would miss the fight - amazingly walked into a bar and there it was full screen in all its glory (well done will). Pics to be put up soon with awards, thanks again everyone :).

Yeah! It was a great evening. I really enjoyed it.
Also, I have to join Mr Teacher in thanking Sarit who, with her nice kind idea, made the Omni Xmas Dinner even more special
I think that the evening, packed with anecdotes, was a real "adventure"

Yes very nice evening. I hope everybody got home well and those who stayed out longer continued to have a good time.
Thanks to Sarit for getting Chuck and Jean Claude involved and Ginger Ninja for organising.

Hey Guys

Thanks for the thanks . Was great to see you and glad you enjoyed the evening as much as I did. Next time I reckon a proper ceremony is in order - tuxedos all round, er, except of course, the lovely Sandra and moi .
If you have any awards/nominations then email me and I'll make up the certs.
Likin the New Year's Eve idea, just got to plan transport!!
Big fluffy hugz.

Sounds good . Just to add everyone- we must not forget that Oded paid for the wine, and he's too nice to bring it up so i think ill make the collection at training on Friday. If Oded gives back Wills £5 that he kindly donated towards it, then if im not mistaken we all owe Oded £2.50 (please let me know if this is not correct). If you cant be at training then please give it to someone who can pass it on- we dont want oded to be broke over xmas

I will be posting a news message soon when I confirm with Alisdair when the gym closes for xmas. Take care -JDF

Hey guys n gals, just wanted to write and say that I won't be coming tonight to training. As I am off snowboarding very early on Saturday morning. I also don't wanna have to fight Will and risk being injured before I go. I know he's been itching to try and take me out....unsuccessfully so far.

So I really just wanted to wish all you lovely people a happy Christmas, I shall be away from London now until after xmas but New yr should still be a go! I still haven't heard any final plans for New Year but should maybe still be around if anything is doing unless something else gets organized in the meantime.....don't wanna be stuck with nothing to do, do I?

okay well have fun tonight and over the next couple of weeks, lots of food, alcohol and merriment. I'll be looking forward to the next session asap, i'll be the slower fatter one.

Much Love
T

Sorry I cant help but hurt people, obviously Tony is scared of me, so has to stay away. It wont do you any good hiding tony

Anyway, what are the plans for new years? I think I may have missed a meeting or something.

hey James, I found that jump roll demo video we were talking about....slightly shorter version than I remember but you'll get the idea. take a peep and then we'll give it a go.

Nice vids thanks guys, yep that was the super far breakfall.. some way to go still we have...

Please all the check the news thread for latest xmas training times, J

Hi,
They could be James' pets... couldn't they?

Grappling squirrels? Brilliant!

ahahaa, those squirrels were great!
Nice vids guys/gals

Merry christmas everyone and a happy new year.

I'm flying home tomorrow. Time to get some rest so i'm fit for training in the new year.
Have fun over the holidays wherever you are.

Cya
Peter

lovin the xmas pix.

More on the way still, will let you know when they are all up...

Good stand up fighter (very aggressive)

great grappler (love his positive attitude)

Now lets see them fight each other!

Hey guys, check the news section for xmas pics update- J

This is one of the films we saw at the Angel Film Festival.

Hey guys and gals, the new vented kit bag is out- it retails for £19 plus postage which is pretty decent, and ill see if i can get any more off it. Let me know if you want me to put an order in for you. J

Ok regarding the kit bags I have just spoken to him- he can do them for me at 17 each, and if we get a few of us together to bulk buy he will do for just 15 . Ill leave it up to you guys to sort out amongst yourselves. Ps the brand is a division of addidas. J

I take it there IS training on today, despite the half term?

Thanks

I'll have one of those bags please, would anyone like to join me for the cheaper rate?

Well done Sandra for showing us how to properly push ourselves when doing the leg raises last Friday.
Some good muscle ache in the abdominal muscle here

No pain, no gain.
No hustle, no muscle.
No pop, no style.
No John, no Rambo.

And after a lot of fancy pansy achrobatics, high kicks and point sparring a little reminder on where it counts:

My abdomen is fine Peter, You must have some weak muscles there

THat guy is just crazy! Fight dirtttyyyy eh? Im fine with that!

Re: Training

Hey guys

Sorry I couldn't make training on Friday (the family sh*t hitteth the fan!!!) but I'll be there this week!!!

Please put Sat 22nd March in thy diaries for a slightly lower key birthday event than last year!!

Charz

Cool sarit defo be there, Ok guys after speaking to everyone at training last night I want to make a start on the OMA team logo, so that we can order club badges for your uniforms etc and make us all official ;). Ive decided the best way to do it is to draw up your designs, as rough or good as you like in any paint program and then email the attached pics to the club email:

email@omnimartialarts.com

From here i will add them into a new photo gallery and we can get a collection of ideas together. I will make the final choice and will try to please as many of you as possible- but one things for sure I want it to be smart, simple and understated. ie no dragons or flying kicks . Sandra kindly sent me a few simple nice ideas to get started which you can see in the new gallery using 'cmk'. Dont worry its completely optional to help on this- but wont you feel proud if part of your own design has to worn by everyone on their uniforms? Happy designing!

Hi there everyone!!

I have a video to show you...

Maybe this is what you guys should try to do on Friday; I'm sure you can get it

http://www.tu.tv/videos/increible-lo-que-hacen

Hi there!
Kicks are not easy at all, but most of you, guys, are becoming really good, believe me, some videos of the club look incredibly amazing (some day, in a not too far away future, my kicking will be similar -hehe I wish!)
As most of you have really improved from your older videos I've seen in the OMA site, now my question is: when would you do this? (play the video)

Pretty good stuff...

I would do that if i knew i wouldn't break my neck trying it. ;)

What going down with the cinema?

Some cool choreography in there, about mid way theres an awesome set of kicks (youtube is pants and wont let me rewind so I cant be more specific)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/neverbackdown/

I don't know if i want to go to the cinema after work tomorrow... especially since there's also a party at my house (you're all invited).

A relaxed Sunday afternoon cinema session would sound good though......

NEVER BACK DOWN!

official clips: http://neverbackdownthemovie.com/

Hi everyone, good sesh last night. Ok so im just gonna put out a time and location for Omni Cinema on Sunday so there is something to go on, dont worry if you cant make it etc its just a relaxed casual one.

Movie: Never Back Down
Date: Sun 6 Apr
Start time: 6:25pm (meet at place at 6 SHARP for seats for big group)
End time: 8:40pm
Screen: Screen 1
Cinema: Vue Harrow - inside St. Georges Shopping Centre (few mins walk from Harrow on Hill Station you normally go to...call me for directions)

I know central is closer for some but this is just a lot simpler and cheaper overall (I will need to book TONIGHT as its the opening weekend). Si- cineworld for non members is £10 plus booking

PLEASE reply on here if you can/cant come soon as poss and let others know who may not see this message in time. Thanks all hope you have a nice weekend if i dont see ya,

J

I wont be able to make it. :) Have a nice time guys.

Hi guys and to those who could make it this week- ive had a lot of people asking if i can make it next week as they have to work this weekend. I will post up the time and date soon- till then... NEVER STAND DOWN!!

Also fine with me.
Then let's do it next week.

No retreat no surrender!
I might have to work a bit tomorrow as well.

Could I also suggest NOT Harrow....

somewhere central would be more convenient all round no? With nicer places to have a drink after? not sure i'll trek all the way to Harrow its a pain from South Ldn. But thats cool if you guys wanna go there, i'll just have to beat on James a little extra at the next training.

Sorry I've been absent for a while, In the immortal words of the ledge Arnie: I'll be BACK..bitches!! (I added the ********* bit)

take it easy..

For once i agree with lady boy tony, harrow is **** for nearly everyone!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10