Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author
Comment
Re: OMA SOCIAL

Good videos!

Yeah, this Cung Le guy is pretty good. But one time he gets caught on doing a back kick. That is always the problem with turning your back on the opponent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kItU8sK7jgg

Self-defense in Bas Rutten's inimitable comedy style. Shame he's not still doing commentary!

Hi Mike that last clip was a repeated link I think, and also when you go on youtube look to the right of the clip it will give you an 'embed' link instead- paste that in your message here

If you practice and train hard, you can transfer your genetic martial arts skills to your kids...

S

Hello

I will get straight to the point. As you all must know that my (and a couple of other people's) birthday is coming up on the 29th and myself a a few friends are doing a couple of things.

1) 29th May - Going to see a stand up comedian called Trevor Lock in Islington (London). We will go for drinks before or after.
http://www.allgigs.co.uk/view/event/210339/Trevor_Lock_The_Hen_And_Chickens_London_29_May_2009.html

tickets are seven pound, let me know if you are coming and i would recommend buying a ticket online asap (i can buy 5 if need be)

2) 30th May - Going to Regents Park for joint birthday drunkenness. For Myself, Leo, Helen and (if they decide to come) the many other people who have the same birthday as me. Just chilling, maybe bbq, or get pizza delivered. around noon.

let me know

Benedict

p.s. please don't forget to order my blitz mitz

Sounds good, I will try to make the bbq on 30th . Also I mentioned at training I will be going to see 'fighting' with sandra in the cinema this Sat 16th May. Any omnians who wanna come along give me a call for more details would be good to get a small group together. Heres the trailer if you havent seen it yet:

Hey y'all

Just because you haven't seen me at training doesn't mean I haven't been there

My car broke down and is in the carspital so I may not make it again

James - where are you thinking of seeing the film dude? Paul has a rare Saturday off so we may be around.
BBQ sounds great - need to check with my secretary!
Hope you's are all well!

Luv
Ninjy whinjy
P.S News - I've decided that 10 years is long enough to wait to finish off my degree

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/booking/4a3158336a6f576a4539536d7a6c646f6138642b514c51494753303d

Hi Sarit here are the details for 'Fighting' on Saturday 18:55, no pressure if no one can make it- I personally just wanted to see it and the more the merrier. Simon suggested this one as its closer to central, and his house is near by if anyone wanted to crash... si correct me if thats no longer the case?

I have ordered your mits Ben and Joes knee guards, and also to say welcome to Rob Bloom on the forum with this message, he is leaving for Australia soon so be good that he can keep in touch here.

Seems Omni is spreading the globe now! Got Alex in Australia already, Pete in Germany/Austria? and Luis in Taiwan! Luis thanks for the gifts Sandra really liked them, and Pete can you email your new mobile as cant get through on your old one please!

Take care and maybe see you saturday, J

Cheers dude

Still no car so no training 4 me

Not sure we're heading into town but I'll give you a buzz if we are! Be good kidz.

SG

Hi heres a map for the cinema, its not that far away if your still driving- half hour from club says on google by car:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Wood+Green+Shopping+City,+Off+Noel+Park+Road,+Wood+Green,+N22+6LU&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.828519,30.146484&ie=UTF8&ll=51.594349,-0.10849&spn=0.12157,0.235519&z=12&iwloc=A

Its just more of a middle ground for those in central and those who live nearer the club.

One more note- for those who werent at training last night I let everyone know we are looking to go to a friendly comp on 14th June, so anyone interested in sparring or watching keep it in mind. Have a good weekend and might see some of you for 'Fighting' later.

Sorry just to add I made a mistake on the date for the Competition, it is actually June 13th which is the Saturday. There will be both friendly and competetive semi contact fights during the day (both sparring or grappling separately), and we can watch full contact title fights later.

Some more details:

"Martial Arts All Styles" (MAAS) are holding a Kickboxing/Combat Ju-Jitsu Fight Day.

Saturday June 13th

The Delves Gym
Wolverhampton University
Walsall Campus,
Gorway Road
Walsall
West Midlands
WS1 3BD

9.30am-4pm Semi Contact
5.30am-10pm We can watch the British Kickboxing Union are having 12 Amature Full Contact Fights.

Its £5 to spectate the semi contact and £10 to enter, and £12 to watch the full contact later (will check if we must pay for both if we are there whole day).

Give me shout if any questions, J

Yes we're all over the world. But it would be good if Scotty could beam our lazy asses to training every friday.
At least i went jogging yesterday and did stretching afterwards.

James: Send you a message on facebook with my landline number.

Ok guys, been real bad with keeping up with the forum.
Everybody is welcome over at mine after 'Fighting'. I know this is a little late to let you all know, but I thought someone might check the posts before leaving the house or something. See you all there!

Here's what I meant to post the other week. Bas!

Can James teach us some of these "black belt reflexes"? They seem to work pretty well!

Hi Guys,

Sorry I couldnt make it for the film or to the last couple of training sessions, been work hard. Will be there this week though.

This msg is for James and Sarit, I asked ben about my pocket watch and he said he doesnt know anything about it. So if you guys could have a look and see if you have it, that would be marvelous.

Cheers, will

The karate guy would have been done for that because the pimp never actually touched him

Considering the fact that it's a pimp and has just ripped apart his shirt to get to him it was probably a good idea to stop him from getting closer.
Also we don't have the audio of what the pimp said to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6YFvKT1LY

We should all learn to do this :D

have been missing forum notifications so just rejoining and see if that works.

Love you guys.

Hello by the way

Hello

I will get straight to the point. As you may know that its mine, Leo and Helens birthday is coming up on the 29th and a group of us are going to Regents Park on the 30th (this saturday)for joint birthday picnic/drinks. We would like you to come.

meeting there at 12 noon

let me know

Benedict

Leo

Helen

please bring any of the following:
Frizbees
Picnics
Games
music
booze
women
and men

for friday:
Hey

So here is the plan.

Meet at the Blue Post in Soho at 6.30 (for people who work round there). Leave there for The Hen and Chickens at 7.30

Meet rest of people at The Hen and Chickens in at 8.00.

Sit down and laugh ourselves silly at 9.00

The Hen and Chickens
109 St Paul's Rd
London
N1 2NA
020 7704 2001

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&title=The%20Hen%20and%20Chickens&countryCode=GB&qs=N12NA

oh and if you didn't get the other email we are meeting at regents park at noon

my number is

Hey guys, Fred who went back to Sweden (some of you will remember he trained with us a little over xmas) has sent me a vid of his new idol! check it out its amazing...

More Outdoor >>

I will be sending out details for the comp this saturday for those who wanna come along and either watch or compete, speak soon, J

That's amazing acrobatics!

Competition Details!

Hey Guys here are the details for those who wanna come along to the competition, either to enter a friendly spar or support the crew and spectate.

Sat 13th June
9.30pm(weigh in)
4.00pm Semi contact Kickboxing/Jujitsu Finishes
5.30pm - You can stay on to watch the title fights of the full contact.

We will be going down in cars, Will and I have already volunteered and we can all just split the petrol. Comps are always very early starts, I see it a good way to test warrior spirit ;). The simplest way of doing this is meeting at the club and leaving at 7am Sharp. Please aim for a little earlier as we will have to go without you otherwise if your late.

Journey is just over 2 hours but dont want to be rushing for weigh in. I have put a map below (click view larger map link)

View Larger Map

Address is
Wolverhampton University
Walsall Campus, Gorway Road,
Walsall. West Midlands WS1 3BD

£5 for Spectators and £10 for Fighters

Give me a call anytime with questions (eg rules kit etc). The event we are entering is easy going so nothing to worry about, can bring your kit along and decide if you want to compete or be a spectator on the day, so I recommend anyone coming brings their kit, as im sure youll be wishing you could jump in when you get there!

Last thing, training this friday will be short and sweet and will finish early so we get some good rest. Try to be on time at 8 and will aim to finish up at 9.

Take care,
James

closes bandb to the comp place

Daldrada - more info »
40 Lichfield Rd, Walsall, West Midlands, WS4 2DH - 01922 628475

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=WS1%203BD%20bed%20and%20breakfast&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Okay well they were full but i found one just down the room for 35 pound twin and 40 pound twin with onsuit. They sounded like they had enough rooms for everyone

Arden Lodge Guest House - more info »
650 Bloxwich Road, Walsall, WS3 2BA - 01922 712 533

Hey dudes

Sorry I won't be there in the flesh, but I'll be there in spirit - Good Luck to whoever's competing!

Luv
SG

Hey all.
Just wanted to say a big thanks to James for organising us going down to the event on Saturday. It was fun, laid-back and I personally gained a lot, not only from taking part but just watching the other people too.

Well done to Tony, Ben, Will and Mike for their performances, James for looking after us all and giving help and advice and to Sandra for filming the whole thing and being the OMA cheerleader ;)

To those that didn't come or couldn't make it - You missed out on a really good experience but I hope you will go next year (or whenever the next one is going to be!!).

Looking forward to training on Friday and stepping it all up a level.

Thanks again James.

See you all Friday!

Same here, thanks for organising it James. I really enjoyed the experience and gained alot. Looking forward to the next event when we can compete.

Will

It was a very good day; really interesting in many senses. Well done guys!!! I did feel very proud of all of you (and really proud of the teacher, I have to confess) Next time, either if I compete or stick to my "cheerliding" , I will not forget to wear my top for everyone to know I train with those guys who really rocked the ring and tatami!!
I did really enjoy your fights!

Hi everyone, thanks for all the great comments here and by text, very glad you had a good day and you have made me one proud teach, I told you so :).

I will be putting up all clips and pics of the comp in a fews days time for the other guys to see how we got on (they did great). Looking forward to seeing OMA grow even stronger for next year and get some titles to our name - we got work to do!

J

I spoke to James the other day and it sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

I really look forward to seeing the footage and hearing your 'War Stories' on Friday ;)

Have a good week!

Did you bring any scalps?

Looking forward to see the videos. Well done everyone for competing and everyone else who went for support!

Hello Ladies

As most of you are aware. I am moving to Vancouver on the 6th oj July. I am not sure i will have time to go training again. I however do have time for dinner. I have spoken to a few of you and this Thursday seems to be best. I would say 8PM in a restaurant in Soho. What do you think?

spanx

BGS

Hi Ben, sounds good to me, although Sandra is teaching that evening sadly...

Also I have put up some of the competition pics while you are all waiting for the video edits etc. Go to the main website page and you will see there is a news page now. Enjoy
J

I need to know who can make it please? Also if Soho is okay for everyone?

thanks

its tonight so i need to know asap

thanks

I might change it to next week if there are problems

works for me

why wont this bloody forum send me update emails...Grrrr

...lets try again.

Sorry A few key people can't come tonight so I am postponing it to next Wednesday week. Is that okay?

good for me. I'll be there

Yup, works for me too.

How about Tuesday? I haven't been to an (Orange Weddnesday) movie in ages.

I would have been unable to make this evening so a re-schedule is a nice idea from my point of view!

What date were you considering? Want to make sure I get it secured!

Its Wednesday the third. 8pm, I was planing on booking a table at cafe emm in soho. Today or tomorrow. So could I get conformations through please.

You make me laugh Dave, 'This is the last time i can see you again my darling David' 'yeah but no but I can get a half price cinema ticket that day!' :-) lol

Well I wouldn't want to miss my last chance to hold you tight.

Well, you should not leave us until you can do these push ups...
Anyways, if you have to

I'll try to be there on Wed!

:( I am down at the office for the next 2 days and am staying down there :(

Not gonna be able to make Wednesday. You coming for one more session on Friday?

No sorry joe I'm getting drink that day!

I have booked the table for 8.15 tonight. If we meet outside http://www.cafeemm.com/ at 8 it should be okay.

peace

Benedict

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11