Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: Night out next week

Hi guys had a few questions on this, training IS back on this Friday if your around for it!

Best, Married J

Re: Night out next week
OMA

Yes that's a great vid!

Re: OMA

For the festive season: the nutshot that was heard around the world. Joe Son vs Keith Hackney, back in the days when groin strikes were allowed.

Merry Christmas!

http://youtu.be/57Mva-3n7TY

Please tell me he was wearing a cup.....

O_o

Allo Guys,

Long time no sparring I will be back. Have been busy and am in the process of moving house again. However, be warned I have been at the gyme and intend to come back in force

But in the mean time watch this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01p2pm6/Timeshift_Series_12_Everybody_was_Kung_Fu_Fighting_The_Rise_of_Martial_Arts_in_Britain/

its really interesting about the history of martial arts in Britain, it an hous long so you need to put of time aside.

Anyway, Im really missing the training and as I say I'll be back...

soon.

See you all soon, Will

* it is an hour long...

Good to hear you are well!

Hello everybody peeps

I hope you're all grand :-) I'm really missing training, but I've been advised against it for Denise's sake (the knees :-P) :-(
So since its unlikely I'll get to see you guys, how about a belated birthday knees up in April? I can put it on Facebook so we dont clog up the forum. Howzat Ginja Ninja?

:-)
P.S My anti-fraud letters that just came up are FUHK!!! I mean wtf!! :-P

Will, good to hear from you, glad to hear you're still alive!!

What's your mobile number, has it changed recently?

Sarit,

good to hear from you. I would be up for going out at some point in April.

Daniel,

No, my number is still the same, I have just been a bit busy. Sorry I didnt reply to your txt sooner.

Will

Hi guys,

Two notices for you all...

First up for this month only, training that would normally be on the 3rd Friday I will need to be swap for the 4th Friday. To clarify it means no training on 15th but will be on instead on the 22nd. Apologies on this but it is a close friends 30th bday on the 15th and he really wants me to be there!

Second notice and some cool news, been speaking with Andy (other Instructor at the gym) and we have decided it might be fun if we set up an interclub sparring day. Already have two from Omni already signed up, he will find someone suitable to spar with from his club. EG Junior v Junior or Intermediate v Intermidiate etc. Will be fun to face a stranger with the two clubs cheering, so if you are interested to join in, come along and we can arrange for a few months time to get some training in first. Of course even if you dont want to do it personally if you can come down to support them in training and also on the day to cheer would be awesome (they will probably have 5 times the supporters!)

Any questions please shout, James

Sounds good to me!

I'll start working on my sweep.

Excellent that makes 3 so far for Omni, sweep the leg!

PS- All the retired Omni guys out there still on forum feel free to also come along and cheer them on the day, we'll need it!

Sounds great - sadly I think I won't be able to make it.

Hey Alex just to clarify, we dont have a date set yet- wont be for a couple of months, will put up a post when we know more (the date swap was just for training) -J

Although currently unable to train I will certainly be at any OMA comp to offer support!

Ha Ha - Alex you joker

James: "Going to set up friendly sparring competition, no date set yet..."
Alex: "Sorry James, I can't make that date I'm washing my hair"

Where's the love bro ;)

Sounds great to me. Im not sure what is happening in my life at the moment, but I hope to compete. At the very least I would like to be there to support.

I shall make myself available for the day =]

From this weekends recent UFC event, a nice headkick knockout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpdzFejUco

Funny thats the kick we pretty muched drilled all last session!

I demand this is how we all get into our training gear at training. Also, we need more skateboards and yoyos!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3970492/worlds_most_talented_man/

Allo James,

Could I just double check that there isnt any training this Friday (tomorrow)?

Thanks

Hi Will,

Nope training is now ususally on the first 3 fridays of each month, so this month is one of the rare double fridays off...

Also while I am writing, a note to all those interested in the comp at the club and werent there last session, I am afraid I will need to push it to July now as I have to leave the country towards end of June

Please call me if you need further details.

Best, James

Hey guys an update for those who weren't there last session...
Following on from the last post I did I am out of the country this coming Friday the 21st, so will need to swap the class over to the 28th. Sorry for the inconvenience I don't have a choice!

Hope you are all well and see you soon!

James

Hi everyone!

Its been a long time since I have been on here, had to take a few months off to have my little son :). Things are still hectic but want to try to get back into the ninja swing at least a little.

Andy at the gym tells me that the school over xmas has been completely refurbished so I look forward to seeing it. Also with more responsibility at work now Fridays are close to impossible, so we have decided to trial a once a month fight club session on Sunday mornings.

This will be the 2nd Sunday of each month, from 10am till 11.45am. It will be more based on sparring and technique and I will leave conditioning for you guys to work on at the gym etc, I simply do not have any spare time for more than once a month at the mo.

So next class will be next week Sunday the 9th Feb, I look forward to seeing those who can make it :)

Best, Father J

Congratulations Father J :)

I feel like that is how I will be sparring on Sunday the 9th!

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

D

Congratulations Papa J and Mama S

I'm living in Stanmore these days so there's a possibility I could come back, unless of course you've all turned into, ahem, sorry, expanded your already immoveable bad ass mo fo ninja statuses )

@Dan Ha yeah I think we will all be sparring like that after the long break! I love the back kicks the one on right does. Ps Could you mention to Rob Rod about the new times if you wouldnt mind, he may fancy the a once a month sparring session?

@Sarit thanks very much! Very happy but exhausted, and yes of course you are welcome, funny how there are a few people who can make the new times as the Fridays just got increasingly more difficult for all..

See you all soon and please tell anyone that may not use this anymore...

Best, J

Hey James, awesome session yesterday. So good to see some old friends again. Surprisingly we were all in much better sparring shape than we thought we'd be which made it all even better.
I'm looking forward to next month now, perhaps a few more of you will be able to make it!

Thanks again James and speak soon!

D.

Hi everyone sorry for the delay, to follow up on the new standing order, if you could amend your standing orders to £8 per month that should cover paying for the gym and insurance etc.

I look forward to seeing those who can make it to the next Sparring Sunday and speak more about it all then (9th March).

Best, James

Hey Guys,
Message received J Dawg!
I think once a month sparring would be great. I'll endeavour to be there next Sunday. Is it still in Sudbury?
What time?
I can pay you on the day with a bank transfer if that suits you.

Great to hear from you Rob!

All the details are a few messages above but in summary, 2nd Sunday morning of each month at 10am-11.45am. New gym next to last one, its has a cctv entry system with electric gate etc so just call when there Ill take you through it...

About the fees lets sort it on Sunday, see you there!

-J

Hi guys, for those who havent seen this yet, personally I have mixed feelings but would still watch it for sure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XiMYKsHl8

See you tomo those who can make it, J

Hey Guys,

Hope you are all good! Not sure if any of you have seen this yet but a friend has made a Street Fighter web series which is being released in a few days. He's got all the backing from Capcom so hopefully this will lead to other things.

Anyway the trailer dropped the other week :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XiMYKsHl8&feature=youtu.be

If the link doesnt work just search for Street Fighter: Assassins Fist

Enjoy.

Gav

Hot ****. Looks good!
I remember seeing the mini action video (which I believe was posted here on page 3 or something) and that was pretty bad ass..

Hi Guys, sorry if late notice but I need to postpone the training this weekend till the Sunday after, I forgot it is our wedding anniversary and I'm in the dog house for forgetting we are going away!

Hope to see you on the 16th and sorry if you had planned on being there this weekend- J

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12