Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: OMA SOCIAL

Hey. My physio is taking a lot longer than expected but the thing is because i am working till 1 am every night its really hard to keep up my stretches but i tell you what after i go and everything is in place i am sooo much more stretchy.

Thought you might want to be updated.

A groin guard is not absolutely necessary...

So Sand, fancy growing some *********?

Hi Sarit! This was a interesting piece of advice for the members who can have that type of training. Personally I'm glad you and me cannot drag stones in that way

Adding new member to the forum, welcome Gabriel!

New Tuesdays Club Location!!

Hi Everyone some excellent news, starting on the 7th of September, OMA will be getting an additional Tuesday session in a brand new school (where they filmed tv show Inbetweeners)! I am booking it for a single school term to see if things work out and whether it is worth continuing it. It has taken much research to find, I have been trying to aid those who travel long tube distances to get to wembley which usually involves two tubes and a bus.

This new place is single tube 33 mins from Oxford Circus on the central line and the club is just 4 mins walk away! It also has parking for the car people, any central london costs were at least three times more and offered no parking- so I tried my best to find a middle ground. Other perks include a newsagent, chippy, and nice bar on the short walk back to tube ('The Bell' on map)- so if desired we have somewhere to chill out after training.

Class will start at 7.15 and finish at 9.15 sharp as they lock up the building at 9.30, which means the longer commuters can feel safe they will get home at a reasonable hour. The Friday session will carry on as usual- and this will have the more relaxed endtime that can carry on a bit later as its the weekend following.

Please please if possible try to support us and attend the first few sessions so I dont turn up on my own! I have a attached a map below click the link- and please shout if have any questions:

View Larger Map

Best, James

This is great news, see you friday!

Great news. A really good new venue and time!

James,

Will there be a significant increase in price per month?

Hi Gary, the price wont be increasing for anyone who are happy to keep training as is, ie £19.99 for Fridays- this will stay an option regardless.

As I am now paying for double locations for those who would like to train more often, they will need to pay some extra to help me cover things but I am waiting to see how it all goes with this trial. For the first 6 weeks all the extra costs are on the club so for your normal membership you can come to all the extra sessions for free! If people like it I will work out the cheapest price possible to keep it going for them.

Hope this makes sense and see you all at as many tuesdays as possible!

J

sounds great, i moved house so im only close by now!!

see you this evening

Hey Guys
Fantastic news about the new club :o)

Was wondering if anyone wanted to try and catch the karate kid in Leicester Square one night this week? There are showings at 7.30 and 8.15.

Love
SG

Hi! Sorry, I just came back from my long weekend abroad and have every single evening booked until 20 Sept!!

Hey guys- just a quick reminder that if you can make it, the NEW class starts this Tuesday! Yep scarily its already the 7th, and will probably be just a relaxing session to get to know the place- and be good to see you there if not too tricky. J

Enjoy this oldschool van damme in the mean time !

Yeah, I especially like the training at 3:13! If I catch my goldfish, does it mean I've mastered the secret power?

James, Could you post the address of the school so I can punch it into my sat nav please.

Yoyoyo.

I believe the postcode is HA4 0BY and is called Ruislip High School.

I am sure James will correct me if I am wrong there!

See you sexies tomorrow!

Hi thanks Joe yes that's correct for you car goers, and just wanted to say to all the members on public transport don't worry if the tube strike makes it too tough to come. Totally understand and hope to see you next week!

Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm completely snowed under with my dissertation, which is due Wednesday week, so I won't be able to come this evening. In classic Mike style I've left the writing till too late and now I've got loads of ground to cover, very quickly! I'm going to give James a call to apologise after I've sent this...

See you all soon,

M

Im out too, I was planning on showing some support tonight but those tossers at TFL have messed that up for undergrounders

I hope the new club works well James and for everyone who can get there and it stays a regular class. Im on holiday next week so the week after is the first for me.

Catch you lovely folks soon.

Erm... I think he really did not like that...

haha! love it!

... and that is what the oriental guy might have thought too...

Yeah its funny seen this one before- apparently he actually loses for hitting before bell, and the knocked out guy wins

So James, when do we start training in this deadly new technique

LOL! Sarit, neither the gay kiss nor the knocking punch are my particular cup of tea... but if you want to be the kisser I will start practising the knock-out punch, no problem...

How bout we have a go at Glasgow kissing (I shall demonstrate in class tonight)?

In the meantime, have sneaky peaky at this fight scene fro Kung Pow - Enter the Fist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihuDwkL9_Ng

i think there's going to be alot of love at training 2nite, i think the glasgow kiss is very similar to the billy goat kiss in ireland

not sure who to upload videos, but here is a new-ish movie, some cool fight scenes

Sarit- haha! Go for it!

Gary- I have seen that movie twice and still find the fighting really entertaining because of the amazing technique precision added to the scenes! (or maybe because I find the fighter quite entertaining too...)

nice link Gary, Altho the film looks obviously OTT and far too many greasy nipples on show for my liking, there are still some really amazing bits mixed in those fight scenes. The main guy is massive but can really move for his size. Impressive.

nice one

Hola

Dudes, here is the link to the 40% off Odeon voucher:

http://promo.odeon.co.uk/miscellaneous/BOGOF_VOUCHER_PRINT.pdf

Is anyone up for Scott Pilgrim on the following dates:
Saturday 18th Sept
Monday 20th Sept
Thursday 23rd Sept?

Love
S

Take a look at Brandon Flowers' (of the Killers) new vid for an *ss kicking Charlize Theron getting her ninje on (and some reassuringly 80'slike rock music!!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AhU12zC8fc&ob=av2e

Hi!

Yes to Scott Pilgrim on Thursday 23rd. Great idea!

M x

Hi
I have every evening during the week busy, sorry guys!
Sandra

OK dudes, Scott Pilgrim is not showing in London anymore, lol, but the Karate Kid is!! So Michael, and anyone else (who's not yet read these messages!), would you like to see that instead on Thurs 23rd at 8.15pm at Odeon Leicester Square?

Luv
SG

Well, I would but that movie is very unwatchable, especially a 2nd time!
I'll have to pass on this one.
Any other movies?

Hi Sarit / Guys,

Scott Pilgrim is still on at loads of places. Did I miss a joke or did you actually not realise? The only problem is I've booked Thursday in the meantime. Any other days?

M

Hey dudes

I was going for the central London ones to make it easy for you guys who work in town, and sticking with Odeon as they have 40% off!
What shall we do? Michael - have you actually booked a ticket? Where?

Cheers!
SG

hey

http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_times/s81/Covent_Garden/

Scott Pilgrim is playing in convent garden, i looked at TCR, but they dont have it showing there, convent garden is very central though

Coolio - but we need a new dates now (Mike can't do Thurs). How about Mon 27th or Weds 29th?

SG
(keepin it real with my fists of steel - I don't know what the hell that was, I must be bored!!)

Hi Sarit, from experience with organising these things its almost impossible to arrange without lots of people not being to attend. I suggest just picking a new date in central and whoever can make it makes it. For example your Monday 27th seems ok, I believe Sandra and I might be able to make that if work allows. Had a quick google, seems Gary is right, Odeon has Scott Pilgrim that night in Covent Garden at 8.40. Also they have Karate Kid (recommended by Tony) in Leicester Sq Odeon at 7.40 that night- which seems a better time and location. Up to you Sarit but def recommend just choosing a dat/time or youll end up pulling your hair out!

hey, yeh James is right just pick a date that most can make and hope for the best. I have seen it so i'll wait for the next outing.

I've seen Scott P and Karate kid, both have lots to enjoy about them and both worthy of a club night out. I was glued to KK on a long flight, its a looong film tho (2hr20 i think), little Will Smith was pretty impressive I thought, obviously took it very seriously and it shows. Scott P is good too, obviously more stylized and is pretty unique, cant say I loved it but is worth a watch.

Hope you guys enjoy whatever you see. See you all soon.

My training bag was with me yesterday but work countered me and took me down. Will be coming again soon tho. I expect you all to be awesome after all this time! go easy on me.

Yup! It seems Monday might be a good day for me! :)

Thanks for the movie reviews TonyP :) I am looking forward to seeing the two movies now!

By the way, as per your commnents: well, we all have improved of course! I don't have any video of our OMA training, but this is the closest to it that I could find... Have a look at it and tell us if you are coming back soon!

haha, I like the confidence Sandra!

So from what I gather from the video you posted, James has been teaching you all to jump backward dramatically as if you've been hit with the force of a speeding car to make your kicks LOOK more powerful? And to take a punch in slow mo whilst spitting fake blood into the air?

I think you've been ruined by hollywood young lady.

Yes, you're right... remove the fake bits and that is us!

Hi Sarit,

Monday night is good for me! I really mean it this time!

M

Hurrah! It's a date! Monday 27th, 7.40pm The Karate Fu Kid at Leicester Square Odeon - don't forget to print your 40% off voucher. I thought we should stick with the Karate Fu film as it's what I was trying to arrange in the first place - Mike, will you give it a chance?

OK so James, you mentioned that in some positions (where we're in guard) there's the chance of getting our back/neck broken. I've watched this a few times and still can't figure out WHAT THE HELL THIS GUY IS DOING!!! Or HOW anyway!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=BE962hFKRQ4&feature=related

If you mean the BJJ guy, he's attempting an armbar from the guard. The other fighter resists the armbar and is able to pick the BJJ guy up and slam him down, thus getting a knockout. I will demonstrate on you next session if you like!

M

Also, where shall we meet for the Karate (sigh!) Kid? Dinner before? Or after?

M

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12