Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
sorry i missed out seein you chris...
with a family and a tight buddget work is a most priority God bless you. ROCK N ROLL!
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2004 8:27pm
by guy mullins (I c...
i heart toxic waste
you know outside of the famous cheese burger with fries and a coke chocolate is a great ROCK N ROLL meal. UNFORTUNATELY middle age rockeroos such as myself feeling fine and dandy with Gods blessing of a caring darlin campanion suggest you need to go to the dr. and ge...
Views: 238   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2004 1:00pm
by guy mullins (I c...
oh no it's mr amplifier oooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i keep forgetting everytime i post here to tell all those rockers to goto mr bill and watch that vid . i remember it being the first time i got to hear the dB's and it was introed by mr bill himself then and the exit was him pleading you don't have to go like that gu...
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 21, 2004 11:00pm
by guy mullins
shows in Winston-Salem and Charlotte next week, Oct. 22/23
After warming up out of town in out-of-the-way places like NYC and DC, my band and I have summoned up the nerve to play in the heart of NC: Oct. 22, at the Garage, in Winston-Salem, NC (w/ Chad from Lou Ford) Oct. 23, in Charlotte, NC, at Evening Muse (w/ Roman C...
Views: 313   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 21, 2004 1:54pm
by Larry
voting psa Flash video links kit fyi
If any of you have a relevant web site out there and would like to link to this Flash movie on your site for these final weeks before the election, here's a "links kit" that makes it easy. http://www.yeproc.com/vote/link.html the Flash link directly is http://...
Views: 232   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 7:55am
by Chris Stamey
j
Jake
Join the dB's Mailing List!
Anyone that hasn't recently done this, please join the dB's mailing list! Click Here!
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2004 9:16pm
by Jake
b
bj
Like This
Anyone know where I can buy a CD of the Like this album, or is it even available in that format?
Views: 239   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 15, 2004 11:54am
by bj
Question for Peter
Have you heard the "Amplifier" cover by a band named 50 Cent Haircut (and were you involved in any way?)? Don't know anything about them-nice semi-acoustic version. Thanks.
Views: 251   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 15, 2004 11:45am
by Peter H
Speaking of Murray Attaway...
Peter, I noticed that you said in another post that you recorded with Murray. Was that on "In Thrall"? I don't remember you being listed in the credits. Or was this for another (hopefully) project? I was/ am a big GD fan and my wife and I saw Murray open for ... can'...
Views: 238   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 14, 2004 8:36am
by Saint Frank
peter, i don't know you personally but from what i judge from reading.......
you seem like you should be dubbed ROCK-N-ROLLS mr NICE GUY! your singing and music is so sincere, but the time you take with your friends i mean your fans you are one hellava guy. best wishes to ya it is a real treat to communicate with a rock n roll intellctual suc...
Views: 230   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 13, 2004 12:28pm
by guy mullins
Kimberley Rew
I've got a sort of "dB's what if" here, if Peter or any other member of the band at the time would be gracious enough to answer it. Was Kimberley Rew seriously entertained as a replacement for Chris or even offered the job? What's the story? I have The Bible Of Bo...
Views: 254   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 11, 2004 2:01pm
by Mark P
Report from Cradle Show: Chris Plays with Yo La Tengo
I just returned from an incredible night of music at the Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill--a benefit to raise funds for the NC Democratic Party. Yo La Tengo's Swing States Tour stopped at the Cradle and they were joined by Chris, Mac McCaughaun (hope I spelled it correct...
Views: 188   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2004 1:00pm
by gthacker
Fetchin Bones, Anyone?
Hi Peter, Chris, Will, et al. There's been quite a bit posted here lately about bands from North Carolina. However, I've noticed that Charlotte seems to be left out of the party. Having grown up in that area before moving to the Triangle, I recall several bands th...
Views: 239   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 11, 2004 12:46pm
by Peter H
Report from Sparklefest
I did a long report that vanished into cyberspace. Don't have time to recreate it now. Suffice to say it was a great show. Third festival/showcase type set I have seen from Chris Stamey in the past year. Leaves me hungering for a longer show than 35 minutes(with P...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 10, 2004 11:18pm
by Jim From NC
I'm playing some in NC and NYC vicinities this week and the next
I'm doing several shows in the next few weeks: Sept. 25, Asheville, the Grey Eagle (with Tift Merritt) Sept. 28, Wilmington, the Soap Box (with Tift Merritt) Oct. 1, NYC, Bowery Ballroom (with Tift Merritt and the Damnwells, early show) Oct. 2, Vienna, Va., Jam...
Views: 303   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 10, 2004 4:29pm
by Diana
dB'S guitars and gear question
Hi dB'S, I've finished reading all the threads on the messageboard(whew)and,since I love guitars(esp.vintage and Beatle ones)and collecting them,I wanted to ask which axes were/are your choice ones. Surprisingly,unlike many other pure-pop bands,you weren't big Rick...
Views: 240   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 10, 2004 2:11pm
by adrian abrahamso...
once again another plus toward JAN BERRY i.e. the zombies
I read the zombie post message the recognition of the beach boys brought out the magic name Carol Kaye a supurb bassist in the American recording HISTORY. Why JAN BERRY of JAN AND DEAN formed a great crew of musicians he called THE WRECKING CREW. He told Brian Wilson...
Views: 225   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 9, 2004 8:03am
by Jake
j
Jake
Unabashed Gushing
Just wanted to post a quick not up here expressing how happy I am that this board had turned into the forum it is. When we launched it a few years back we had no idea what it would become. It's so great checking in every day. The strings are great, informative - a...
Views: 201   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 7, 2004 9:35am
by Peter H
it is written
dB's smithereens dB's dream syndicate dB's rem (before 1990) dB's mott the hoople dB's LOU REED dB's violent femmes dB's JOHNNY CASH dB's LINK WRAY dB's THE WHO dB's the spanic boys dB's X dB's chuck berry dB's ian hunter dB's bill monroe dB's the Velvet Underground...
Views: 207   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2004 8:45pm
by guy mullins
Nice show, Chris!
I saw Chris play Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA on Saturday and it was fabulous. The crowd was sparce and Chris' guitar needed to be re-tuned between every song, but the music was fabulous. I loved every minute of it. Thanks!
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 5, 2004 3:40pm
by radio gnome
New Video available on this site!
Hi All, Check out http://www.thedbsonline.net/multimedia/wt.html!
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2004 5:34pm
by Steve Scariano
The sound of music and the velvet undergrounds 3rd album
it seems that the album least likeed by the critics is always the best. the velvets is pure and gripping just like the sound of music be proud of it ! I guess you are just like you guys are proud of the dBs!
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2004 9:32am
by guy mullins
c
Chris
Cycles Per Second from Lisa Mychols
The very wonderful Lisa Mychols has a new album out in the UK (not sure if there's distribution here in the US or not, but you can pick it up at her website) called Sweet Sinsations and she does a great job covering "Cycles Per Second." Peter gets a nod in the Tha...
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 2, 2004 6:02am
by adrian abrahamso...
VIDEO
Oh my Gosh, I just watched the video from 1981 on the multimedia section. AWESOME!!!!!! I wish somehow, someway, we could get a DVD of the promo videos they shot and all TV appearances. These guys rule all and the world needs to know this. REUNITE!! The world...
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 2, 2004 3:37am
by Shawn Franklin
new record with Yo La Tengo and Gene Holder: "V.O.T.E."
There's also a new record out in a week or so of me, Yo La Tengo, and Gene Holder doing some songs that relate to the election. It's called "V.O.T.E." and will be at indie stores on Yep Roc. More about this later.
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 29, 2004 11:49am
by Steve Scariano
Chris Stamey free song with harp magazine cd
So I'm in the Borders in Winston and I see this music magazine called harp that has a free cd with it. Robyn Hitchcock, Reverend Horton Heat, Southern Culture on the Skids and tons of other great bands- really a fantastic cd. And the magazine is only like five bucks....
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2004 7:58pm
by GW Bush
a
AJ
FishHouse
Hey Peter, So good chatting to you during Fish House...hope all is well on your side of the ocean...!! Anyway, great to see you perform again after so many years, loved the fact that you helped JJ out... I truly love his album, there`s some great stuff on there...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 28, 2004 6:04pm
by AJ
Peter in NC?
Peter, Will you be joining the Hootie boys in Cary next month? When I mentioned the show to Gary it was the first question he asked. Please tell me we'll get to see you again. It's been awhile... Take Care, Jennifer
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 28, 2004 4:13pm
by Peter H
j
JD
Production on "Like This" and "Sound of Music"
Truly a question for Peter (but others should feel free to weigh in). After years of searching used CD bins I finally ponied up the bucks for a copy of "Like This." I already had "Sound of Music" (as well as the other stuff that's more readily available). I'd forg...
Views: 256   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 10:22pm
by Peter H
Guitar Chords for Shirley
Hey- you guitar players out there. Anybody got the Chords for Shirley? I'm wanting to cover this song for an upcoming show but my ears just don't translate well as others might.
Views: 222   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 6:30pm
by todd steed
j
JD
dB's Reunion
God knows this has probably been asked here before, but as somebody who's just stumbled onto this site, I scrolled quickly up and down and didn't see this question asked so I'll go ahead and ask it: any chance of any kind of reunion gig? I've heard that Peter and Ch...
Views: 377   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 24, 2004 6:28pm
by todd steed
ruminations.....
I just recently discovered this site, and my congrats to all who put the great content together. I'm a big DB's fan, and was lucky enough to see three live shows in the 80's. The last was in either '87 or '88 at what is now "Earthlink Live" in Atlanta. (I'll be...
Views: 318   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 23, 2004 2:50pm
by adrian abrahamso...
j
JD
Production on "Like This" and "Sound of Music"
Truly a question for Peter (but others should feel free to weigh in). After years of searching used CD bins I finally ponied up the bucks for a copy of "Like This." I already had "Sound of Music" (as well as the other stuff that's more readily available). I'd forg...
Views: 220   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 22, 2004 3:40pm
by JD
Touring with R.E.M.?
To the illustrious Mr. Holsapple: Any chance you'll be gracing the stage with R.E.M. in their fall tour?
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2004 2:25pm
by adrian abrahamso...
Alex Chilton
Anybody care to jog my memory? Didn't Chris write a song about how sick he was of hearing The Replacement's song of that name? Be grateful if someone could either tell me I'm deluded or fill me in on the details. Lyrics would be nice too :) Phil
Views: 279   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2004 7:46am
by Larry
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:23am
by guy mullins
check out the joewashrag site
they are a great bar band from martinsville va you may enjoy them, they play greensboro and winston salem where a couple of the members reside.hope you will check them out.
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:22am
by guy mullins
the sound of music was a excellent album/as good as the first/it had all its original feel
CLASSIC ROCK, YOU GUYS WILL BE GREAT AS LONG AS THERE IS A ROCK N ROLL paradise.
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:17am
by guy mullins
everyone in the music world seems to agree the dBs should reunite and .....
HEY JUST GET BACK TOGETHER WILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 19, 2004 10:12am
by guy mullins
Neat Site Detailing the 1980s NC Music Scene
I ran across the site below recently while surfing the net. Matt Barrett has written a fairly comprehensive article dealing with what he calls "the golden age of North Carolina music." Barrett includes Arrogance, the dB's, Let's Active, the Woods, the Pressure Boys...
Views: 353   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 18, 2004 10:06pm
by Mark P
Stay Dry, Peter
Hi Peter: Just read this morning that Ivan is heading for NoLa in all his fury. Hopefully la famiglia Holsapple has already departed for higher ground. But in case you haven't, stay dry and stay safe. Please let us know if you're all right. Best, John
Views: 296   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 16, 2004 4:40pm
by Peter H
Rains Around Here
I just found this site - I've been a fan since Sneakers. Has the mp3 for Rains Around Here been deleted from the server? I can't play it as an mp3 or with RealPlayer. Thanks.
Views: 261   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2004 7:23pm
by Chris Friedrich
Guadalcanal Diary
Howdy, Just curious, did you guys ever come into much contact with or work with the members of Guadalcanal Diary? For some reason I always think of them when I think of the dBs and I don't know of any connection other than my enduring affection for both. Greg
Views: 350   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2004 2:27pm
by gthacker
Where Are Live Shows Posted? And other questions...
Hey- Todd from Knoxville here. I'm coming down to play in New Orleans in Sept (17th at Carrolton Station)- and was wondering if Peter is still there and playing? I would love to catch a show if he's there that weekend. The show I saw at Circle Bar years ago was...
Views: 319   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2004 12:54pm
by todd steed
Chris on Alejandro Escovedo tribute disc
Hey y'all. If you don't already own the 2-disc Alejandro Escovedo tribute POR VIDA, go out and buy it RIGHT NOW. Why? --The Chris Stamey Experience (with Mitch Easter on guitar, and Tift Merritt and Thad Cockrell on harmony) contribute a real nice track, "One T...
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2004 11:42pm
by Jack Silbert
Stamey gig-Oct 4
Hi Peter! It's a real pleasure writing you.Our paths have only crossed once,in Lou.Ky on R.E.M's '89 tour that kicked off there.Thanks for the autographs,photos and allowing me to fawn and gawk all over you-hope you weren't too nervous by the experience! I have a q...
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 7, 2004 11:35pm
by Peter H
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet