Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Announcement!
This forum is now read-only! A new forum is available: www.diydatarecovery.com/forum Open threads have been transfered to the new forum. -- Kind regards, Joep
Views: 541   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2005 5:47pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
Creating a DiskPatch (demo) Support Analysis log file
The DiskPatch log file. - General: DiskPatch creates a log file every time the program is started. If DiskPatch encounters an existing log file during startup, this file will be renamed and a new file will be created. The previous log files are renamed to "dp.lo?...
Views: 547   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 17, 2005 3:07pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
Readme First
The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time). If you did not enter this forum via the DIY DataRecovery website, please refer to the Posting Guidelines BEFORE posting! Not complying with the posting guidelines may result in you...
Views: 679   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2004 9:16am
by DIY DataRecovery...
m
Matt
Is there any hope for me? :(
Hi guys. When I set up my new pc a few weeks ago I didn't have a floppy on hand to install nvidia's SATA/Raid drivers (I've got a nForce4 board). Anyway, today I (seemingly unfortunately) decided to install them retrospectively. I downloaded the relevant driver...
Views: 503   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2005 4:45am
by Matt
iRecover hangs and doesn't respond
Hi, I'm having trouble using iRecover. It seems to hang at the first stage (Scanning Disk). I let it run all night and nothing happens. Can anyone help please? Thanks, Phong
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2005 6:34am
by Phong Vu
MBR reports Invalid partition table--etc
When re starting PC with "Drive Image 2000" (Powerquest) and other pgms. which require a restart, message appears "Boot Sector Write ! Virus. Continue Y/N On other occasions PC will not boot. MBRTOOL /DSP /DSK:0 reports Invalid partition table, error loading...
Views: 708   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2005 5:55am
by Don Cripps
t
Teun
iRecover results
has anyone ever tried to recover an NTSF disk and only gotten back $MFT and its subfiles after 80 hours of processing? Using another product (GetDataBack) we got the whole thing back (all 600K files) but without names (so only numbers).We were hoping that iRecover wo...
Views: 803   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 18, 2005 1:19pm
by Teun
"End Past EOD" error
I have a Western Digital SE 200GB (WD2000JB) hard drive, with 1 partition (not ideal I know!) as a slave with no operating system on it, storing media files (inc. AVI, MPEG, MP3, PDF, RAR, ZIP, EXE). Then one day I get an error in the Event Viewer: Event ID: 55...
Views: 14896   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 18, 2005 10:01am
by DIY DataRecovery...
h
Heidi
137gb/corrupt data or fat/recover or repair
Hi, I enquired about a product from Steve Gibson and I received a mail from them saying to check your site/products. I run win2k SP4, edited the registry to cope with large drives, prepped the drive with Western Digital's tools and used their DDO software to ov...
Views: 923   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 17, 2005 10:49pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
Lost partition after installing Linux
Hi Installed Linux as dual boot on Win XP machine. Had 2 partitions C: and E:. During installation Linux shrank the E-partition and created it's own partition in this area. After installation this partition is inaccessible to both XP and Linux. I've run DiskPatch...
Views: 857   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 17, 2005 4:55pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
Cannot change file copy options
Hi, when I try and change the filters for retrieving files the recovered folders it doesn't allow me to make any changes. I right click and select Add Item and nothing happens like I would expect. WHat it actually does is add a blank item into the exceptions list. I...
Views: 475   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 17, 2005 2:16pm
by Kevin Wyatt
Blank emails after purchase - help!!
Hi there. I have just paid and purchased irecover and I got 2 emails from you but they are both blank!!! Help please. It's 3am here and I need to get this data off - hence my purchase. Thanks Kevin
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2005 10:16am
by DIY DataRecovery...
How long should I have to wait for my interim key / code?
Hi, It's an hour since my purchase was confirmed, and no sight of any email, with or without an interim release code / product key. ISTR from the purchase confirmation page that it should be with me in a matter of minutes rather than hours. How long do peopl...
Views: 528   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 16, 2005 5:48pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
Boot failue
On turning on my PC I am presented with a list of options, one of which is to start in safe mode. No matter which one I select I am quickly returned to the same list - it just goes round in a loop. having looked at the directory structure most of them have "gone" -...
Views: 539   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2005 10:51am
by DIY DataRecovery...
Error: Unable to translate VCN 00000002 to LCN, bad runlist?
Hi, It i was able to see the root and recover 450+MB of content. Then i had to reboot my machine. Now when i run iRecover and try to retrieve new areas of the file structure, or, even the original ones that worked, it keeps getting "hung" on files and i see man...
Views: 597   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 14, 2005 10:35am
by DIY DataRecovery...
a
Alex
mbr failure after unsuccessful file recovery with norton unerase from dos
This is a small harddisk, I was using it to run win 98 from it. I deleted by mistake a file on my primary partition and tried to recover it with a dos-based norton unerase. I found the files and one of them was in a average recovery state (Norton unerase has 3 such s...
Views: 567   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2005 10:32am
by DIY DataRecovery...
i
Isiah
Help!!
I have a situation in which I tried to change some partition info on a usb hard drive I had attached to my computer using Partition Magic 8.0. The program changed the boot sector and fat on my main drive. I used several utilities to try to get the boot sectore to w...
Views: 672   Replies: 16
Last Post: Mar 10, 2005 12:48pm
by Isiah
g
GM
Diskpatch 1 works but Diskpatch 2 doesn't
The drive in question (an IBM 40GB) has been unused and disconnected since last May, because my pc wouldn't boot with the disk connected. At the time the troubles started, it was a slave drive with 3 logical partitions, each roughly 13 GB. I dl'ed Diskpatch v.1 and u...
Views: 833   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 9, 2005 9:48am
by DIY DataRecovery...
yet another flavour of the 137GB-issue
I've been using two Western Digital WD2500JB HDDs for about a year now without any problems, after resolving some inital issues regarding the 137GB-limit in Windows. I am running the two drives, together with two smaller ones, using the WD-supplied controller card t...
Views: 888   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 9, 2005 3:26am
by Maltemlr
j
Jay
Surface scan (RO) Takes too long
Hi, I have an 80 Gb HDD and it accidentally got messed up with an MBR writing tool. I am using Disk Patch to try and see the partitions but the Surface scan (RO) Takes too long, it has now been 24 hours and the progress bar is at the end and not moving for hour...
Views: 588   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 1, 2005 10:36am
by DIY DataRecovery...
Persistant error indication
After my system crashed and wrote bad sectors at various places on my system partition (a 120gb NTFS partition on s 233gb SATA disk). I tried cloning the disk but after reading the first bad sector, DiskPatch showed an error for all following sectors. The error was...
Views: 554   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 1, 2005 10:33am
by DIY DataRecovery...
Lost second partition after converting to basic!
I needed to convert Disk 0 (Drive C and D) back to basic. I used the DiskPatch program to do this, but after it booted Drive C was accessable and basic but drive D was not accessable! What can I do to fix this???
Views: 513   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 25, 2005 9:36am
by DIY DataRecovery...
WinXP unable to boot, secondary storage drive unreadable.
My setup is as follows.... Abit NF7-S Athlon xp 2500+ 1 gig of kingston HyperX 550w Enermax PSU 120GB WD SE IDE(Win2k-boots/reads fine, old stuff, stopped using the OS a few months ago when I got the newer drive and installed XP on it) 250GB WD SE SATA(WinXP-wo...
Views: 627   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 24, 2005 4:44pm
by Devnull
Diskpatch exits with error code 5
Hello, I have the following problem:A virus (mydoom) attacked my harddisk. When doing a virus scan, the computer shut down, and after the reboot I recognized that its partition table and MBR has been lost and I couldn't access to my drive at all. I tried several r...
Views: 732   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2005 5:26pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
l
Lou
"the drive is not formatted"
I have two disks on my system, (Intel III, 996 MHZ 512 mb of RAM). I have a removable drive for the boot 'C' drive. Recently downloaded Solaris 10, and installed on a different removable hard drive. Spent some time playing with the Solaris drive in, trying to ge...
Views: 662   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 21, 2005 6:03pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
d
Dave
New drive suddenly unformatted
I got a new 200gb maxtor ATA133 hard drive. I connected it to an empty IDE channel on the motherboard of a newer P4 pc. The HD controller on this machine has 48-bit lba support. I then used the windows xp disk manangement console to create one huge partition and form...
Views: 630   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2005 3:32am
by Dave
files show fine but to not copy usable
Hey I have a 250gig HD it only has about 60gig of files on it. all the files are photos this drive is only two months old and i think the fat tables are messed up it will not let me in the drive at all. i downloaded your trial version and it took about 5 hours it sho...
Views: 548   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2005 4:14pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
b
Barry
Recovery Works, but every file 0kb ??!
Hi There, I am using full version iRecovery copying files from NTFS to NTFS. When scanning the drive it goes well, it finds many files and folders etc: . I select the files and folders i would like to retrive and it copy's them all to my other NTFS drive, when sel...
Views: 825   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 17, 2005 3:41pm
by Brian Johnson
Log file from Diskpatch
A Windows 2000 Server had a hard/ dirty shutdown due to a power outage. The partition on which the OS resides is acessible by Windows and the Server will boot up. However, the additional drives show as unallocated. I have run diskpatch and here is the log file: .....
Views: 675   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 15, 2005 9:55am
by DIY Data Recover...
j
John P
Computer unable to boot at all (floppy, other HD, etc...) with HD attached.
Hi, I have a maxtor 20GB HD. I had two logical partitions, one Fat32 6GB, and then an ext3(13gb) partition (for linux). I installed Fedora Core 3 linux first. (My first mistake, because I should have installed the win98 OS first.) Therefore, I realized that I...
Views: 681   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 15, 2005 9:45am
by DIY DataRecovery...
Software Choice ?
Hello, I've got a 2 month old Seagate 160Gb SATA drive running off a SATA controller card in my PC. It has a single partition and is formatted as NTFS. It's not my boot disk, and contains my entire ripped music collection. The PC runs WinXP SP2 which is contained...
Views: 559   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 10, 2005 1:18pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
lost partition do you want to format?
hi ya!plz help i was using a samsung 160 gig drive in an external enclosure over firewire in two 74.5 gig partitions seen by windows as E and F. while playing some mp3's from E the playback started to stutter every so often, tried another mp3; same thing. swit...
Views: 755   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 10, 2005 12:51pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
HD and/or photo recovery
Okay, here goes. I was tuning a friend's computer and overclocked it, booted into XP Pro just fine, ran some benchmark programs, rebooted, ran an antivirus scan which I left running, came back and saw a Disk Read Error, press Ctl-Alt-Del to reboot on the POST screen...
Views: 689   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2005 10:28am
by DIY DataRecovery...
Very Upset!!!!!!!!!!!!
I downloded your demo and ran it on the server. It found a partition to fix. I then called you phone number provided on you website to purchase your product and they told me after taking the order that it would be 12 hours to get the key! I told them that was not a...
Views: 682   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2005 9:33am
by DIY DataRecovery...
t
Tobias
Runtime Error 380
Hi all, I made a image of a newly created WinXP partition 6 months ago. Today I tried to restore this and I get always Runtime Error 380 and HD Workbench leaves. It is also not possible to mount the image. What is behind this error? Tanks a lot - Tobias
Views: 1088   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2005 1:27pm
by Tobias
j
Jay
iRecover found everything except *old* root files. CHK-Mate hangs.
Hi, First, let me say thanks for making iRecover. It succeeded (for the most part) where other more expensive apps failed. CHK-Mate isn't working, though; more on that later. =========== Background: =========== My secondary drive (FAT32) on a Win 2k machine...
Views: 1307   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 8, 2005 12:09pm
by Jay
c
Chuck
Cloning hard drive
I went online, downloaded the software, ran it in demo mode, saw that it had a cloning feature, downloaded the Pdf's, scanned them. Ordered the software, got an email back with a licensing number put it in the little boxes (herein referred to as the put-it-in-every-...
Views: 529   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 8, 2005 10:59am
by DIY DataRecovery...
partition table errors
As an it pro (shame on me) i changed my basic disk into a dynamic disk. Then when i wanted to re-arrange the partitions. No go with parition magic. I still wanted to redo my partitions so i wanted to go back to basic disk without losing my data. I found a fix to chan...
Views: 641   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 8, 2005 10:31am
by P.J. Schoenmaker
Spearit Move Me Disaster
I paid a technician to move the contents of an old W98 machine to an XP machine using Spearit Software's Move me. I now have a system that reports an 8.3GB hard drive and gives errors with Partition Magic 8.0, 133. I'll post partinfo.txt and the DP Log files below...
Views: 673   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 7, 2005 5:46pm
by DIY Data Recover...
Read Errors
My backup strategy for the past 12-15 months has been to make regular clones of my system drive using Ghost 2003 to clone to 1 of 2 replaceable drives. Earlier this week, this cloning operation failed, with Ghost reporting errors reading some sectors. I have purc...
Views: 659   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2005 10:23am
by DIY Data Recover...
a
Ariel
error: Unable to reconstruct the encrypted file
I am trying to recover from this hard drive. the drive is seen in the bios and is seen in bartpe, it can even see the drive label; but can't recognize the drives filesystem and prompts me to format it. After recoverering the files to a network share I get the fo...
Views: 545   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 7, 2005 10:21am
by DIY DataRecovery...
how to Select Software
Hey, I've been looking for a good general Data Recovery / Disk Repair software and I thought I'd settled on Diskpatch (price is reasonable, service seems decent), but now I see in the forums that some of the other software does things that DP doesn't, that I thoug...
Views: 521   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 7, 2005 9:47am
by DIY Data Recover...
Log looks like hardware - will fixing geometry in bios have any impact??
Re: will diskpatch help (this was originally under another thread. I re-entered it here because I had not gotten a response back after a week or so). I'm still fighting with this disk drive. Thanks, Scott LAST POST IN THREAD BELOW: Hello and thanks for the r...
Views: 499   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2005 5:44pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
s
Sha
primairy partion as "raw"
Hi, I have a harddisk with 2 partitions the primari partition is displayed as raw in a machine with xp installed on anather harddisk diskpatch 1.0 is giving me information that bootsector is corrupt although the ptables appear to be ok and i can't figure out w...
Views: 583   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 4, 2005 3:36pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
d
Dreas
undo partition linux made
Hi. I accidentaly wiped an windowsXP Ntfs partition while i installed Linux. Linux itself has not yet written data to it, but i am wondering if it is possible that with DISKPATCH i could return the disk to the original NTFS-state and reover data stored on it? P...
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 4, 2005 10:00am
by DIY DataRecovery...
h
Hugh
Problems resizing with Partition Magic
Hope you can help. My disk has two NTFS partitions; the C: (active)partition is 6840Mb and is almost full and the D: was 21767Mb with approx 6Gb used. Using 'partition magic' I attempted to resize C: but the process hung without error message after about 25%. After...
Views: 564   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2005 9:55am
by DIY Data Recover...
Ran the demo to recover and nothing happened
My external HD appears to be working, but according the the manufacture, there is corrupt data. I cannnot access the drive, and it wants me to format, which will involve lossing all 2+GB of files on board. When I ran your demo of this product of the external drive,...
Views: 466   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2005 9:42am
by DIY Data Recover...
Best way setting up RAID 1
First of all thanks for a great software :) I have two IDE 80 GB hardrives, first one has some files and the second one is empty. Both NTSF Now I want to mirror the first one, what is the best way doing this? I tried converting the first disk(with files) to a dy...
Views: 460   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2005 9:50pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
Almost there, but must be missing something
okay.. I think I've almost got it, but something still isn't right. Here's the scenario.. I did a dumb thing and tried to merge 2 partitions (C drive containing my OS files, and D - extended partition I think- containing my program files) together with Partition Ma...
Views: 670   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 1, 2005 9:43pm
by DIY DataRecovery...
j
JC
DP and windows orphaned files....
I was reading in another post that 2k sp4 doesn't like partitions above 128gig. I had bought a new sata drive 160gig for data storage (not OS) and was copying over data to it from other drives, to clear them out. The new drive got quite full and just stopped afte...
Views: 529   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 28, 2005 10:15am
by DIY DataRecovery...
1 2 3 4 5